Wednesday, September 19, 2012

SuperSmartNote

In the first few pages of reading, The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R Tolkien there was a lot if crazy vocab thrown at me.  This book is in a whole different land. This made me activate my schema on all I know about middle earth.  When the book said on page 43 "Rumor of the coming event traveled all over the shire." Without knowing my schema activated, thinking about how rumors "spread" through places. The shire must be the town or like the center of the town.  This helped me understand that the Lord of the Rings has its own sort of "language". i should do some research about middle earth.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked your schema super smartnote. When you couldn't understand a word, you used your schema expertly, and figured out what the word meant. The steps you used when doing yuor vocab analysis can be useful in later dates. It really made me think. Even though you could have been more specific when you explained the new word, it was a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jared when he said that you used your schema expertly when you deciphered the meaning of shire. Also, J.R.R Tolkien does incorporate crazy words and languages for his characters, so good job. I think one thing that you could've done differently is to read on a little bit more so the meaning could possibly come up in the next few sentences. Overall, good job.

    ReplyDelete