Monday, March 18, 2013

Review of DrawQuest!/ Blog of the Month!

Due to the comments in my recent post, I downloaded the free app for iPad from the App Store DrawQuest. Check out my review of the concept here! So, just to sum up my last Non-Fiction Super SmartNote, it basically talked about how DrawQuest works and the limited potential it is exposed to now that it is live on the App Store. I first tried to download it on my iPhone, warning this app is "only for the iPad" this allows for better drawings because of the increased screen size on the iPad. I would also like to apologize for all of the pictures in this post but I wanted to show what it looked like. (Its not to great for me either; having to edit them and all). As soon as I opened the app I saw a new quest-- a drawing quest for the "newcomers". It was a screen with a face that had no mouth. The quest read "Add a smile!". I drew this...

Remember- This was my finger on a screen- no pencil or stilus.
 I then tried to submit my drawing for anyone to see who clicked on that quest. I then signed up with my gmail and my drawing was ready to be shared with the world. As I mentioned before, anybody can now see my drawing once submitted, but that also reveals that I can see theirs. One that stood out to me was this.



This "ninja" was much more than a smile. This is what I mean when I say that this app has the potential for many creations. You may notice the "①" notification in the left-hand corner. This was DrawQuest letting me know that I had a new quest to draw. Sounds redundant but thats why the app is named that way. The quest was this...




You have to fill in the blank for the question. Most of the time, based on my looking, the app proposes questions with blanks in a cartoonish looking picture. Now, with my limited time and horrible drawing skills, I was not even going to attempt to draw this. I did not show it before-- but there is a purpose to finishing certain quests. For completing the first "smile" drawing you receive 25 "coins". You can buy more colors to use in your drawings with coins and to my knowledge if others like your picture and "star" it you then gain even more coins. Below are some great examples of what some people can do with this app. I hope you enjoyed reading my post and I hope you try DrawQuest on the App Store for free on the iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment